Monday, February 9, 2009

What's new!

I know it's been forever since I've posted. I promise I'll try much harder to post lots more often!!

So what's new in my life?..Wellll..


I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!...My little peanut is due on March 11th and it's a girl!!...I just was able to have 1 son so I'm soooo happy to have a little girl to spoil!!...They aren't much fun though, they don't want anything Disney, Sesame Street, purple or not much pink!! ...hmmm, not so easy shopping!!...lol...I'm soo excited!! The only horrible part is that they live in Portland, Oregon and I live in Mitchell, South Dakota! I can't afford to go there often and they only come home every other Christmas!!
Here she is about 4 months ago!!..lol



Also, I had weight loss surgery a year ago. I'm terrily disappointed because I only lost 30 pounds...My fault too because I eat all the wrong things, BUT, due to me having lots of pain lately, I'd had lots of tests.

I first had a gallbladder ultrasound that included all my abdominal organs. They didn't find anything and I was sure I had gallstones!

Then I had a barium swallow..They found a severe stricture (narrowing) in my esophagus so today I had a EGD or a esophagogastroduodenoscopy..It's where they put a tube with a camera attached in my mouth and send in down and look at my throat basically. They found that I have a very large ulcer with several small ulcers around it in my lower esophagus. Also I have a hiatal hernia that has gone up through my lap band! Sooo that means more surgery to fix the hernia and to move my band. The doctor said today that that could be why I wasn't losing weight because the band wasn't working!!...WOW!!

I'm feeling pretty good except for feeling a little weak due to the anethstesia..Also my chest is a tiny bit sore.


I'm still working with developmentally disabled adults. I've been there for almost 3 years and don't see myself leaving the job until I retire! Or they get tired of me!! I work four 10 hour overnight shifts a week. I like it because I'm there by myself, no supervisors peeking over my shoulder..lol...I just check on the guys periodically and help them if they need it. Plus I give medications in the morning and feed them all breakfast...The men I work with are awesome. They range from being mentally retarded to brain damaged to having cerebral palsy. It's a challenge but I feel good about what I do on a daily basis!!


So that's it for this post...

Talk soon!!

No comments: