Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cold and Snowy night

I'm sitting here on my couch watching the snow fall. It's been snowing all day and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow evening. It's actually quite beautiful, big fat fluffy flakes covering the ground and the tree outside of my window. We are under a winter storm warning and this is supposed to turn into a blizzard tonight. By tomorrow night it's predicted that we'll have up to 8-12 inches.
This is my weekend off and I'm loving being in my nice warm apartment, not having to go anywhere, not having to brush the snow and ice off my car or having to drive in it. They are telling everyone to stay home tonight and they are talking about closing the Interstate. Thank god we are on the downside of Winter now!! You never know about South Dakota though, March and April can be our worst months for bad winter weather!!
I was intending on popping some popcorn, covering up with my warm snuggly throw and reading all day and I didn't even open my book. I started cleaning my apartment and saw that 2 of my all time favorite movies were on HBO so I watched them. Twister with Helen Hunt & Bill Paxton and Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock & Harry Connick Jr..(He is soooo yummy in those tight jeans!!)
Speaking of reading, I haven't had a good reading week at all, I've started 4 different books and just couldn't get into them, I'm sure they are good books but they just weren't what I wanted to read I guess. I did get several new books this week that I'm looking forward to. I found a bin of paperbacks at our Shopko department store, 2 for $5.98! They were pretty messed up from people going thru them, but I did find 2 that looked interesting. They are Aphrodite's Secret by Julie Kenner & Live Girls by Ray Garton. Then I got some books that I bought on eBay. They are Night Rising by Chris Marie Green,The Nymph King by Gena Showalter, Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur, Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels.
I'm going to read Night Rising first, it looks really good, then I'll go with The Nymph King.
I'm really anxious to read Keri Arthur's Guardian Series, but I'll wait to have them all first. If I can wait that long anyway! I have Full Moon Rising and Kissing Sin and have already ordered Tempting Evil, then Dangerous Games comes out in April and #5 in the series is Embraced by Darkness coming out in July.
Well, that's it for tonight. I'm going to watch the snow for just a bit longer and then I'm going to go jump in my bed with my book!!
Bye for now!
Oh by the way, feel free to respond anytime, it's good to know someone is reading my ramblings!!

No comments: