Thursday, March 1, 2007

Buried under the snow




I took this picture this morning. We got over a foot of snow yesterday and today. We are under a Blizzard Warning tonight because of the blowing snow and high winds. About 150 miles of Interstate 90 is closed and they are recommending absolutely no travel. All of the schools are closed.

I really hate this, I was going stir crazy so I paid my neighbor to dig me out and I went to Shopko and did a little retail therapy. lol...I was out of packing tape and had a bunch of books that I needed to mail out that I sold on eBay, so I did have a ligitimate reason..kinda!..Anyway, the main streets were ok, the side streets were bad so I guess I'm lucky to live where I do. I like right by our Middle School so they keep it pretty well clear. Our main street was crazy though, there is a hugh pile of snow all the way from one end to the other right down the middle of the street. The streets are pretty icy and there was only 2 lanes. It wasn't fun. So I went and did just a little shopping and went to McDonalds for take-out. They had closed any hour earlier!..So I went across the street to Burger King and got my food. I was happy to get home!!

I'm really happy that I have tonight off! I do work from Friday thru Sunday though, so I'm hoping the roads are a bit better by then. Or that the blizzard isn't too bad, my mom told me this morning that we could possibly get 6-8 more inches!! Oh well, my job will just have to come and get me. They are giving people rides just because they need people there so bad.

Hey, speaking of my retail therapy! I did get a new pair of very cool jeans on clearance!! They also had a really good sale on AAA and AA batteries. So I stocked up. I always need them for my camera and wireless keyboard and mouse.

Well, I guess I need to go do some laundry and get some cleaning done, then it's relaxation time with my book!