Thursday, March 1, 2007

My Son's Wedding



These pictures were taken at my son's wedding on July 4th, 2003. That's me on the right. He and his wife Kerry live in Portland, Oregon. My dad had just passed away in March of that year so my mom and I flew out to Portland for the wedding. It was also my mom's and my first plane ride ever so it was doubly exciting!!
It was a beautiful day, they got married in this little place that had a small banquet room and a lovely back yard with lots of flowers. Just in back of where they got married was like a creek bed with lots of places to take walks etc. It was a wonderful day, Casey is my only child so Grandma and I were pretty emotional. He was very lucky to find Kerry, she is beautiful and smart and can put him in his place! He has since cut his hair, thank goodness!..I'm not against long hair at all, but he looks much better (in my opinion) with short hair. He told me he grew it for Kerry, because she liked it. That's all that counts.
They love Portland and wouldn't live anywhere else right now, unless it's Seattle, where they moved from. We didn't get to do any sightseeing, but I'm hoping to go there this summer and go to the ocean! They both love to cook, Kerry is a vegetarian and Casey used to be, he does eat meat once in awhile now. I don't know how Casey ever learned how to cook like he does, maybe out of necessity, because I don't cook very often!

No comments: