Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wow, it's been a long time since my last post!!.. I don't have any excuse except that I've really been busy!

I'm still reading like a mad woman. I'm on the 2nd book by Jennifer Armintrout in the Blood Ties series. I'm really enjoying this series! I'm trying really hard to get through some of my series in my TBR bookcases!!

I've always wanted to learn how to crochet or knit. I bought lots of books on the subject and just never got the hang of the whole thing.

Then I discovered loom knitting!!

I just finished my first project last night at work!!..It's a stocking hat for a Christmas gift I made on the round green knifty knitter, but I think I goofed and made it too big..lol. I'll post some pictures below.I started on a tube scarf last night on the round blue knifty knitter loom. It's going to be so cute!

Loom knitting is so much fun! I bought the 4 piece knifty knitter round looms and the 5 piece long loom set by knifty knitter. I just ordered a wood dishcloth loom that should be here any time.

I've got a huge wish list of looms I want to get! I'd love to have an infinity loom to make afghans on. All the great wood looms are just too expensive for me right now. I've got all the books out on the subject so far and there are sooo many things I want to do!

I belong to several loom knitting groups on yahoo and love hearing about what everyone is making and learning something new every day! I'm hooked!!..lol

I work nights with the developmentally disabled and after I get my normal chores done and if nobody needs me, I read for awhile, then I knit, then I read..

Here are the pictures of my hat.





4 comments:

Beth said...

Nice hat Connie. Sure is nice to turn out something nice.

Need to search for the "dishcloth" loom. Living in a Rv should mean I should limit myself, but....

Beth

Anonymous said...

I like your hat Connie. It is blue so that means a guy can wear it. We all know that guys have big heads. Ha, Ha. I am sure there is someone out there that will have a head big enough to wear it. I get out a lot and see a lot of people with some mighty big heads.
Teresa

Jennifer Hilton said...

Well, the yarn looks beautiful! But you're right, it is a little big. Some of those hat patterns are written like that. It's an old fashioned look. You could rip out a few rows and re-gather it. Or just leave it as-is! I bet your son would wear it anyway!

Great job!!!!

Sorka said...

Hmm it's cute.. it is a little long but that is a classic stocking cap!! keep it up!!!
Denise
knitchat.com