Monday, September 28, 2009

It's me today!!









I finally have some clothes that fit me! As of today, I weigh 161 pounds.


Here are a few pictures that my mom took of me yesterday. (before the fall) .. The wind was fierce as you can tell by my messy hair! Also I'm squinting pretty bad because I was looking into the sun.


Here I am with a XL ladies top and a size 14 jeans!!


The bottom picture is Casey, Kerry and I at Christmastime 2004 but it gives a pretty good idea of how large I was.


I started out at 250 pounds January 11th, 2008 and here I am today! I've literally goine through hell to get to this point but hopefully the worst is behind me.



I just had laproscopic surgery plus an EGD on the 14th of September and another EGD on the 24th of September and I'm able to eat pretty freely. So far so good. I've have several medical people tell me that I could go on fine or I could have to have several more EGD's to dilate the spot right above my stomach. We'll see I guess.



I was starting to feel pretty good, except my muscles are still very weak and I get tired so easily. We had very strong winds yesterday. I was going up the 4 concrete steps to my apartment building and had just reached the top step when the door came flying open, hit me and I did a somersault back down the steps...OUCH!!...I'm fine except for several sore scrapes all over, a small goose egg right above my right ear from hitting my head on a step, a couple gouges out of my right big toe and several very sore spots on my back and shoulders...geeeez...If it's not one thing it's another huh? It's about time I catch a break is'nt it??


That's it for today and I'll try to do an update or at least a note monthly. I promise!

2 comments:

Michelle Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! That's terrible that you fell Connie -- especially down concrete steps. Ouch! I'm glad you are recovering. And congratulations on making one of your weight goals.

I'm in one of your reader groups and saw that you updated your blog, so I wanted to stop by and say hello.

Michelle

Janna said...

Happy Birthday, Connie! I'm also a (lurker) member of Paranormal Romance Group on Yahoo, and Nov 1 is my B-day too (it's #58 for me).

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, and glad you're recovering from that nasty fall. Have a great day.

Janna